Craig K. Sherburne, BSc, PhD, JD, CArb
Over the past two decades Craig Sherburne has obtained broad legal and business experience working as:
- Scientific and Clinical Development Advisor for Small Molecule and Biologic Therapeutic Companies
- General Counsel for Multiple Publicly Traded Companies (TSX and TSX Venture Exchange)
- Legal Counsel for a Toronto-Based Investment Bank
- VP Business Development and General Counsel for a Healthcare Focused Venture Capital Firm
- Diligence Lead for Angel Investors
- Lead on Major In-Licensing and Out-Licensing Efforts, Including the 2008 Scrip “Deal of the Year”
- Legal and Business Adviser for Numerous Entrepreneurial Start-Ups – Guided them through incorporation, complex corporate re-structuring and funding (ranging from secured loans to public market securities issues).
Combined with being a registered United States and Canadian Patent Agent, Craig prides himself on being a “one-stop-shop” for businesses needing legal assistance; particularly for those businesses needing expertise and experience on the broad variety of issues facing start-ups.
Craig holds a Bachelor of Science with Specialization in Microbiology, a PhD from the Faculty of Medicine related to molecular biology, a JD in law from the University of Alberta and is a Chartered Arbitrator. He is a Registered Patent Agent for both the United States and Canada and has nearly two decades of experience in trademark, copyright, patent and other Intellectual Property assignment, licensing and protection.